Sunday, January 25, 2009

Something old, something new~ antique jewelry and writing for Bella

I'm finding that I really love to write and I think BellaOnline is a great outlet for this facet of "me". Deep down, I've always been a "teacher".... I love to help others learn. The focus at Bella aligns with this completely and compliments the jewelry designing perfectly; looks like this is a great match. During the time I spend preparing for articles I find I have to research (another love!).

I am becoming familiar with jewelry history and learning about antique and costume jewelry. I'm fascinated with the fact that Providence was once the "jewelry capitol of the world"! From where I work, I can walk to the jewelry district down city.....but those days of glory are over. If you are interested in reading more about Providence's jewelry hayday check out this hub I wrote. Lucky for us the jewelry of that era still remains. I'm tossing around the idea of creating a few pieces based on some antique pieces.....we'll see how that goes.

If there are any articles that you would love to read about please contact me! I'd love to hear from you and I can always use ideas on new collections to write about.

I've listed a few more items in my Etsy shop...stop by and take a look!

2 comments:

Jamie Spires said...

Hey Diane! I have chosen you as one of the recipients of the Lemonade Award! Please check out my blog post at http://creationsbyjae.blogspot.com for more details!

Thanks for all you do, and for giving me a mention in your blog post! :)

Jamie
Creations by JAE

MystaE said...

Will definitely keep an eye open for your future articles - be sure to include something about antique rings at some stage :)

Regards
LeoH
http://www.sylviasantiques.com

Vintage! MyGemStoneBox on Bonanzle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Bejeweled one of my favorite games!

entrecard

Shop Handmade

mygemstonebox's wishlist

MyGemStoneBox on You Tube

Twitter Updates

Cheap Tweets!

mygemstonebox on CheapTweet

Tweet me!

Linkreferral

MyGemStoneBox by Diane Simple yet elegant jewelry that is art you wear!

Technorati

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Revolution Money here is how to join!

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange

Posh Mama

indiepublic

The Global Goddess

Sezwho