Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New to Etsy today...and Marketing Tips!


I learned a new weave that I absolutely love! It is called Tucuman Braid. This weave originated in Argentina and was used to make horse reins. The clasp is usually the focus of this particular bracelet but I spiced it up with some freshwater pearls and peridot beads (thanks AnnaLee!). I really enjoyed making this piece and am planning on my next to be silver with some yummy ruby beads… GaHooleTreeSupplies .


Marketing tip:

Contact small local area businesses such as hair \ nail salons, boutiques, banks etc. See if you can set up a table for a week or two where you can display catalogs, fliers, coupons and your business card. Keep a basket on the table for any customer orders which you can follow up on after you return back to pick up your display. Offer the store owner or manager a free gift for allowing you to do this.

3 comments:

ChezChani said...

Lovely work!

Unknown said...

Diane: I love that you post marketing tips on every blog entry. Very cool! I love your birthstone necklaces. wow! Its been years since I've worn anything but my brass, but...um...I'm thinking of changing that LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those extra tips in each post! Capturing these ideas is wonderful---you have lots to offer all of us.
Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Vintage! MyGemStoneBox on Bonanzle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Bejeweled one of my favorite games!

entrecard

Shop Handmade

mygemstonebox's wishlist

MyGemStoneBox on You Tube

Twitter Updates

Cheap Tweets!

mygemstonebox on CheapTweet

Tweet me!

Linkreferral

MyGemStoneBox by Diane Simple yet elegant jewelry that is art you wear!

Technorati

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Revolution Money here is how to join!

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange

Posh Mama

indiepublic

The Global Goddess

Sezwho